Time is money, as the saying goes. And when you’re running a business, time is often in short supply. So, when creating a professional video, you need to know how much time you should expect to spend in front of the camera (or behind it if you’re doing the shooting yourself).
The answer to that question depends on several factors, including:
- The Type of Video You’re Making: Are you shooting a commercial, a training video, or something else? The type of video you’re making will significantly impact how long it takes to shoot.
- The Length of the Video: A longer video will take more time to shoot than a shorter one. But how much time will depend on the other factors on this list.
- The Number of Locations: If you’re filming in multiple locations, that will add some time to your schedule.
- The Number of People Involved: Whether you’re shooting with a large cast and crew or a small team, the number of people involved will affect your timeline.
- The Equipment You’re Using: The more complex your setup, the more time you’ll need to get everything set up and working properly.
- Your Experience Level: If you’re a first-time filmmaker, it will take you longer to shoot your video than it would for someone with experience.
- Your Budget: If you’re working with a tight budget, you may need to spend more time shooting to get the best possible results.
As a general rule of thumb, you can expect to spend anywhere from 1 to 10 hours shooting a video that runs between 1 and 10 minutes long. Of course, this rule has exceptions-if you’re filming a very complex scene with multiple takes, for example, or working with a large cast and crew. But in most cases, this is a pretty good estimate to keep in mind.
As you can see, many factors determine how long it will take to shoot a video. But if you keep all of these factors in mind, you should be able to come up with a pretty good estimate for your project.
So there you have it-a rough idea of how much time you can expect to spend making your professional video.
Of course, the best way to get an accurate estimate is to consult with a video production company in Toronto. We’ll be happy to sit down with you and talk about your specific needs and goals for your project. We can also help you create stunning headshots that will help you take your business to the next level.