Commercials are a powerful tool for promoting products and brands, but it’s rare for a commercial to go viral and achieve mass popularity. However, over the years, there have been a few commercials that have managed to capture the public’s attention and become cultural phenomena. Here are some of the most viral commercials of all time:
- Old Spice “The Man Your Man Could Smell Like” – This commercial for Old Spice body wash, featuring a charismatic and confident man, was first released in 2010 and quickly became a viral sensation. With its catchy slogan and memorable imagery, it was shared widely on social media and even spawned a series of follow-up commercials.
- Apple’s “Think Different” – This commercial, which was released in 1997, featured a montage of iconic figures, including Martin Luther King Jr. and Albert Einstein, accompanied by the voiceover of Richard Dreyfuss. The commercial was widely praised for its powerful message and memorable imagery, and it helped to establish Apple as a leader in the tech industry.
- Evian’s “Roller Babies” – This commercial, which was released in 2009, featured a group of babies roller skating and performing acrobatic stunts. With its catchy music and adorable imagery, the commercial quickly went viral and has been viewed over 200 million times on YouTube.
- Dove’s “Real Beauty Sketches” – This commercial, which was released in 2013, featured a forensic artist drawing women based on their own descriptions and then based on descriptions given by strangers. The commercial’s message of self-esteem and body positivity resonated with audiences, and it has been viewed over 200 million times on YouTube.
- Pepsi’s “Refresh Anthem” – This commercial, which was released in 2010, featured a montage of people doing good deeds and making a positive impact on their communities. The commercial’s message of positivity and social responsibility resonated with audiences, and it helped to establish Pepsi as a socially conscious brand.
- Nike’s “Just Do It” – This commercial, which was first released in 1988, featured an iconic tagline “Just Do It” and was accompanied by an image of a runner with the slogan. The commercial’s message of determination and perseverance resonated with audiences and it has been used in several different Nike campaigns over the years.
In conclusion, these commercials have become viral sensations due to their ability to capture the public’s attention and resonate with audiences. They featured catchy slogans, memorable imagery, and powerful messages that resonated with people. They have been viewed millions of times on YouTube and have become cultural phenomena. While going viral is not guaranteed, these commercials demonstrate the impact that a well-crafted and well-executed commercial can have on audiences and brands.
“Leave your commercial production needs in the hands of our experienced team in Toronto.” – Latent Productions Toronto