Offering free shipping is a popular marketing tactic used by many ecommerce businesses, and for good reason. In today’s competitive online marketplace, free shipping can be a powerful tool for driving sales and increasing customer loyalty. Here are some of the benefits of offering free shipping in ecommerce:
- Increased Conversion Rates: Studies have shown that free shipping can increase conversion rates by as much as 30%. Customers are more likely to make a purchase if they don’t have to worry about additional shipping costs at checkout.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction: Offering free shipping shows that you value your customers and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure their satisfaction. This can result in increased customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Competitive Advantage: Offering free shipping can set your ecommerce business apart from competitors and give you a competitive advantage. In today’s crowded online marketplace, anything that differentiates your business from others can be a valuable selling point.
- Increased Average Order Value: Studies have shown that customers tend to add more items to their cart when free shipping is offered. This can result in an increase in average order value, which can help offset the cost of free shipping.
- Better Brand Perception: Offering free shipping can improve your brand perception by creating a more positive image in the minds of customers. They’ll see your business as more customer-centric and generous, which can help build trust and credibility.
While offering free shipping can have many benefits, it’s important to consider the costs and whether it makes sense for your business. You’ll need to determine the average order value, shipping costs, and profit margins for your products to determine whether free shipping is a viable option.
In conclusion, offering free shipping can be a powerful marketing tool for ecommerce businesses. It can increase conversion rates, improve customer satisfaction, give you a competitive advantage, increase average order value, and improve your brand perception. Just be sure to consider the costs and whether it makes sense for your business before implementing a free shipping strategy.