LinkedIn has become an increasingly important platform for business professionals to connect and engage with each other. As a result, businesses are using LinkedIn to promote their products and services to a highly targeted audience. Video is an excellent way to engage with this audience, as it can quickly convey a lot of information in a visually engaging way. Here are some best practices for creating video for LinkedIn:
- Keep it short and sweet: Attention spans are short, so keep your videos to a maximum of two minutes in length. This will help ensure that your audience stays engaged and doesn’t lose interest.
- Start with a hook: The first few seconds of your video are crucial for capturing your audience’s attention. Make sure you start with something that hooks them in and makes them want to keep watching.
- Be authentic: LinkedIn is a professional platform, but that doesn’t mean your videos have to be overly polished or formal. Authenticity is key, so be yourself and let your personality shine through.
- Provide value: Your audience is looking for information that is valuable to them. Make sure your videos provide useful information, whether it’s tips and tricks, industry insights, or how-to guides.
- Optimize for sound-off viewing: Many LinkedIn users will be watching your videos without sound, so make sure your videos can be understood without audio. Use captions and visuals to convey your message.
- Use visuals: Visuals are an essential part of video marketing, and LinkedIn is no exception. Use eye-catching graphics, animations, and other visuals to keep your audience engaged and help illustrate your points.
- End with a call-to-action: Your video should have a clear call-to-action (CTA) at the end, whether it’s to visit your website, sign up for your newsletter, or contact you for more information. Make sure your CTA is clear and compelling.
- Share and promote: Once your video is ready, don’t forget to share it on LinkedIn and other social media channels. Promote your video to your network, and encourage them to share it with their networks as well.
In summary, video marketing is an effective way to engage with your audience on LinkedIn. By keeping your videos short and sweet, starting with a hook, being authentic, providing value, optimizing for sound-off viewing, using visuals, ending with a clear CTA, and sharing and promoting your videos, you can create engaging video content that helps promote your business on LinkedIn.