The recent COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the shift towards remote commercial production. Remote commercial production enables brands to create quality commercials while adhering to safety protocols and minimizing costs. This guide will take you through the essentials of remote commercial production.
- Pre-production: Before beginning production, you need to plan your shoot. The planning process involves storyboarding, scripting, and creating a shot list. Your team should use a virtual collaboration tool to share ideas and work together to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Equipment: Remote commercial production requires some basic equipment, including a camera, a tripod, and a microphone. Ensure that everyone on the team has the necessary equipment to shoot quality footage. Consider using a cloud-based editing software to edit the footage remotely.
- Lighting and sound: Lighting and sound are crucial components of any commercial production. Ensure that your remote team has proper lighting and sound equipment to capture high-quality footage. If necessary, provide your team with a lighting kit and a portable microphone to ensure that the footage is well-lit and the sound is clear.
- Talent and location: Remote commercial production offers a unique opportunity to work with talent and locations from all over the world. Consider using local talent and locations to minimize travel and lodging expenses. Ensure that everyone on the team follows safety protocols, and that the location is suitable for filming.
- Communication: Communication is crucial when it comes to remote commercial production. Establish clear communication channels and guidelines for remote collaboration. Use video conferencing tools like Zoom or Google Meet to facilitate communication between team members.
- Post-production: Post-production involves editing the footage, adding visual and audio effects, and color grading. Ensure that your team has access to a cloud-based editing software to edit the footage remotely. Use online collaboration tools to share files and work together on post-production.
In conclusion, remote commercial production offers an efficient and cost-effective way to create quality commercials. With the right equipment, talent, and communication, your team can create a professional commercial that effectively communicates your brand message.