The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Toronto, offering visitors the chance to explore the art, culture, and natural history of the world. The museum is one of the largest in Canada and has a diverse collection of over six million objects. If you’re planning a visit to the Royal Ontario Museum, there are a few things you should know before you go to make the most of your experience.
- Plan your visit in advance: The Royal Ontario Museum is a large and complex facility, with many different areas to explore. To make the most of your visit, it’s a good idea to plan your route in advance. You can use the museum’s website to find out which exhibitions are on display and when, and then plan your route accordingly. This will help you to see the things that you’re most interested in without wasting time wandering around aimlessly.
- Dress comfortably: The Royal Ontario Museum is a large facility, and you will be doing a lot of walking, so it’s a good idea to wear comfortable shoes. The museum also has a lot of stairs, so comfortable footwear is essential.
- Be prepared for crowds: The Royal Ontario Museum is a popular attraction, and it can get crowded, especially on weekends and holidays. To avoid the crowds, try to visit the museum during the week or during the early morning or late afternoon.
- Take advantage of the audio guides: The Royal Ontario Museum offers audio guides in several languages, which are a great way to learn more about the exhibits and the history of the museum. These guides provide information about the artifacts, artwork and natural specimens on display, and can be rented at the museum’s admissions desk.
- Be mindful of the exhibits: While the Royal Ontario Museum is an excellent place to see a wide variety of objects, it’s important to remember that these objects are often fragile and should be treated with respect. Do not touch the exhibits, make loud noises, or use flash photography. Follow the instructions provided by the museum staff and respect the objects’ space.
- Take a break: The Royal Ontario Museum is a large facility, and it can be overwhelming, so it’s a good idea to take a break from time to time. The museum has several cafes and restaurants where you can grab a bite to eat or a drink.
- Check the schedule before you go: Some of the museum’s exhibitions and events are seasonal or have specific hours, so it’s a good idea to check the schedule before you go to make sure you don’t miss anything.
- Consider purchasing a membership: If you’re planning to visit the Royal Ontario Museum multiple times, consider purchasing a membership. This will give you access to all of the museum’s exhibitions and events, as well as special members-only events and discounts on food, parking, and gift shop purchases.
In conclusion, the Royal Ontario Museum is a great place to visit for culture and history enthusiasts of all ages. It is one of the largest museums in Canada and has a diverse collection of over six million objects. To make the most of your visit, plan your route in advance, dress comfortably, be prepared for crowds, take advantage of the audio guides, be mindful of the exhibits, take a break, check the schedule before you go and consider purchasing a membership. By following these tips, you’ll be able to have a great time at the museum and see the things that you’re most interested in without wasting time.
Want to create a video that will help your brand stand out? Look no further than Latent Productions Toronto. Contact us today to schedule your next project.