Short-form video content has become increasingly popular in recent years, and it’s not hard to see why. With attention spans getting shorter and social media platforms favoring quick, snappy content, short-form videos have become a key tool for marketers to reach their audience and drive engagement.
In 2023, maximizing engagement with short-form video content will be more important than ever. Here are some tips and best practices to help you create short-form videos that grab your audience’s attention and keep them engaged.
- Keep it short and sweet: The first rule of short-form video content is to keep it short. The ideal length for a short-form video is typically between 15 and 60 seconds. This means you need to get your message across quickly and concisely. Don’t waste time on lengthy introductions or rambling explanations. Get straight to the point and make sure your video is visually engaging.
- Optimize for mobile: In 2023, the majority of video consumption will be on mobile devices. This means you need to optimize your short-form videos for mobile viewing. Make sure your videos are formatted for vertical or square aspect ratios, as these are the most commonly used on social media platforms. Use large fonts and high-contrast colors to ensure your message is easy to read on a small screen.
- Use subtitles: Many people watch videos without sound, especially when scrolling through social media feeds in public places. To make sure your message still comes across, use subtitles or closed captions in your videos. This will not only help people who can’t hear your video, but also those who don’t speak your language or have difficulty understanding your accent.
- Grab attention with the first few seconds: In a world of endless scrolling and short attention spans, you need to grab your audience’s attention quickly. Use visually striking images or bold text to create a hook at the beginning of your video. This will make people more likely to stop scrolling and watch the rest of your video.
- Keep it visually interesting: Short-form videos need to be visually engaging to keep your audience’s attention. Use interesting visuals, such as animations, graphics, or text overlays, to break up your video and keep it interesting. Use music or sound effects to add to the overall experience.
- Tell a story: People connect with stories. Even in a short-form video, you can still tell a compelling story that captures your audience’s attention. Use your video to tell a story that connects with your audience emotionally. This will help your message stick in their minds and make them more likely to engage with your brand.
- Include a call-to-action: Don’t forget to include a call-to-action in your short-form video. This could be a request to visit your website, follow you on social media, or purchase your product. Make it clear and easy for people to take action based on your video.
In conclusion, short-form video content will continue to be an important tool for marketers in 2023. By following these best practices, you can create engaging and effective short-form videos that capture your audience’s attention and drive engagement.